Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Recap... yep, I told ya so

So here I am on this lovely monday morning just hanging out, bored, waiting for my first class (which doesn't start for another TWO hours) and what do I do?! Bust out the weekend recap. Don't say I didn't warn you, unless you didn't read my post yesterday, which is highly likely because not many people read this blog anyway. OKAY. Enough of that! Here was my weekend:

Friday: Wonderful day. I love fridays because I only have one class, and I never work at EC in the evenings because my class goes right up until 4. I just don't wanna strain myself trying to rush to work, ya know? :) Anyway, me and three of my other roommates ended up going to a friends house to have dinner. I hadn't met a lot of the people there so it ended up being a lot of fun meeting some new friends. The dinner- AH it was so good. They were only brats but they had the perfect amount of cheese melted inside, they were grilled to perfection.... Just thinking about them makes me hungry. Delicious. We all ended up going down to the Witches Hat tower in St. Paul (**See?! Another St. Paul gem!!**) We tried to make it in time to watch the sunset, but missed it just by a couple of minutes. Darn. Still really fun though. Friday night was actually a pretty chilly evening, probably around 50 degrees. I loved being able to wear boots and a scarf. I felt fall and it felt great.


After the Witches Hat we went back to the house we had dinner at for some games (Catch phrase and Mafia). Also very fun. We ended up staying until about midnight and then went back to our house. Me and most of the roommates watched Law Abiding Citizen with Girard Butler and Jamie Foxx.... Meh. I had seen this movie in theaters about a year ago and thought it was pretty decent, but watching it a second time around made me realize that the acting in that movie is sub-par. Not the best. Oh well.

Saturday, there was no Bethel game so I was excited to get a day to just do whatever. I met my friends Jana and Betsy for lunch at Taj Indian restaurant in St. Anthony Village for a little Indian buffet cuisine. We then shopped Uptown at Urban Outfitters and Heartbreaker..... LOVE IT!! Betsy convinced me to buy this adorable coat at Urban that was on sale, and while I felt pretty guilty about it after purchasing, I have to say, it's pretty cute. I also bought a new purse for 10 dollars that I don't feel as guilty about. It was really good hanging with those girls because they are two of my favorite people from my Europe trip that I traveled on last January. I should post about that trip sometime. For now, I do want to share a pic from that trip that I just remembered that is pretty sweet if you ask me....

That is Betsy and I in front of that one tower, in that one city..... So yea, one of these days I will post about my European adventures.

After shopping, I joined the Bethel football coaching staff+families to TCF Stadium in Minneapolis to watch the Gophers take on Northern Illinois. Have I ever heard of Northern Illinois? Nope. Did they end up beating the Gophers in a brutal loss? Yep. Let's not talk about it. It was still a pretty awesome game though, just being outside on another gorgeous fall night.

That's a pic of me and the Johnson twins. Katie's the blonde and Maddie's the brunette. Yep, they are twins. Oh, and there is my dear old dad in the corner of the picture, unaware of the activity going on next to him.
I really like the following picture because my brother is a lot more excited about it than his face shows. We somehow got seats right behind the Gopher Basketball coach. I never would have known if my dad hadn't pointed it out to me, but he heckled my brother and his friend Evan about their sweatshirts, then asked them if he could take a picture with them. Too cute.

Katie and I left the game and went to a friends house and had a blast hanging out with some other girls. Then, I went to bed.

Sunday epitomized why I love fall. I started my day off at EagleCrest, had lunch with Callie and Tom (Dustin's roommate/best friend) and Callie and I spent time at the apple orchard. Eating caramel apples, buying honeycrisp apples. MMMMMM. I love it. I absolutely love fall. I didn't take any pics of Sunday, shoot. Threw off my picture montage of my recap.

Ya know what else is pretty dang awesome? I leave this Thursday for FLORIDA. To see Dusty. I just can't hardly contain my excitement!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

YAY! You get to see Dusty... that is SUPER EXCITING! I loved this recap. They are fun memories to have recorded for the future :) Fall is in full effect and I just want to BOTTLE IT UP!

Casey Miller Wahl said...

Ria! You always come through with the comments, I love it! I agree.... I am LOVING this weather, but excited to escape it for a little bit :) Looks like you had a great weekend as well!! So jealous of the vikes game!!