Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A special dedication :)

Today, September 8th, is my dear friend ELLIE CAMILLE BECKER'S birthday. She is 22 years old!!!


Ellie and I go all the way back to five years ago. We met at Timber Wolf Lake Camp in Michigan through Young Life. Ellie went to high school at Totino-Grace, and I went to Roseville, but our cabin was full of Mounds View friends, so we were the odd ones out :-) We clicked instantly and have been friends ever since. I don't get to see Ellie as often as my other friends (She goes to Creighton University in Omaha) but when we get together, I love the time spent chatting and reminiscing on old memories!

In the summer of 2008, I had a great time traveling with Ellie and her family to Vail, Colorado. Colorado is my absolute favorite state ever. It is so beautiful and amazing and there is so much to do at any time of the year. Some of my best memories with Ellie were spent on that vacation. We had a great time and took some awesome pictures!! Ellie's older sister brought a friend along and one day she asked us how we we became friends. We explained it... and I remember the friend saying "Huh?? You guys went to different high schools? And COLLEGES?" Yep! I love that we have stayed friends through a connection like Young Life. We have never gone to school together but have remained close since we met at camp. We have been through other trips, bible studies, breakups, hardships and new beginnings. I appreciate that in a friend so much!

I got a text from Ellie this morning after I sent her a little happy birthday message and she told me she has been keeping up with my blog so I only thought it would be right to dedicate a post to her! El, I know you are reading this, so I hope you know that I LOVE YOU and I am so excited that it is your birthday! I'm not there, wish I could be, but I hope its very special. You have always been an awesome friend, and I am thankful for you in my life!!

No comments: