Sunday, September 26, 2010

Swept away.... by the music in my life

Wow, I guess this is the longest break I have taken from blogging since I actually started blogging. And sometimes, I'll be honest, I feel like such a dweeb typing the word "blogging."

I was going to use this post as a weekend recap but I'm starting to think that 1) I always do that and 2) Nobody really cares what I do on the weekends. Lets just say, this weekend was a lot of fun, and if I am really bored tomorrow after chapel (which I almost 100% will be) then I will recap about the weekend then. Today, I want to do something different.

Lately, my friends and I have been doing a fair share of music exchanging. Some may think that this is illegal, but honestly, we all share about the same amount of music with each other so it kind of evens out in the end. You can have your own opinion, though. This activity sparks a lot of conversation about what the best songs out there are, both currently, and of all time.

Here is my top ten list of songs today, right this very second (in no particular order):

~"My Love" by Sia. This song was a favorite of mine from the Eclipse soundtrack, which is a GREAT CD if you need some alternative jams in your life.
~"Swept Away" by The Avett Brothers. Okay, so Maddie just showed me this song today, but I have been listening to it ALL afternoon. Listen to it, now, and tell me it isn't the most romantic ballad you've ever heard.

~"Dynamite" by Taio Cruz. I know that you are probably way sick of hearing it all over the radio, but it's just so catchy. Just a great excuse of a song to THROW YOUR HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES.
~"Secrets" by One Republic. But this is just a plug for basically any song that One Republic sings... they are amazingly great, and I love ALL their songs.
~"Dig" by Incubus. Ya know when you are shuffling through your Ipod and a song comes on that you didn't know you even had? That happened to me with this song on a bus ride about two years ago. I have never been sick of this song, and I'm not even really a huge Incubus fan, but this song is good, and catchy.
~"Free" by Zac Brown Band. I love this guy's voice. Beautiful.
~"For the Widows in Paradise, for the Fatherless in Ypsilanti" by Sufjan Stevens. Don't let the long weird title fool you, this song is so pretty and also kinda sad, which makes a lot of music really good.
~"Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" by John Mayer. A classic that will never get old. Also a really sad song. I love sad songs!!
~"Seventeen Years" by Ratatat. Wanna know the best apart about this song? THERE ARE NO WORDS. It's just an awesome beat. Listen:

"Heaven Song" by Phil Wickham. I love this song, it's amazing. And this guys voice is also amazing. It makes me feel love for Jesus.

There they are my friends. I hope that you check out some of the songs on here that you may not have heard, because they are seriously that good! Not that I am the supreme judge on what constitutes a good song, but I think I have a fairly good idea.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!

No comments: