Friday, September 3, 2010

Sorry, one more thing...

K, I forgot to mention in that last post one of the coolest details of Dusty's travels... Not that you couldn't have figured it out by the shoutout he made, pre-Eminem concert reflection. In every major city, he plans on visiting at least one of the restaurants that have been featured on MAN VS. FOOD!!!!!!!!

If you have never heard of this show on the Travel Channel, or have heard of it but are in the dark as to what it's about, then read about it on this website: http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Man_V_Food

And then, after that, if you REALLY want to know more about where my BF is stopping on the road trip, check out THIS website: http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Man_V_Food/Episodes_Travel_Guides

Dusty visited Al's Italian Beef in Chicago and said it was wonderful. I believe he had a kind of french dip sandwich that is doused in au jus rather than dipped in it (mmmmm). I am sure it was probably much better than the french dip sandwich and au jus that we serve at the nursing home for meals. I happen to love the nights at work when we have this meal, so I am a bit jealous.

So far in Detroit, I know that he has visited two Coney Island hotdog places listed on the show, and also tried a delicious Triple Threat Pork Sandwich at a BBQ joint that was also featured. If you are gonna do a road trip, I can only imagine that one of the most memorable ways to do it is by following your nose (or your watering mouth) to the best food places in the country!!!

I will update everybody on what the best places are as I hear from Dust. When we visit Florida together at the end of this month, I'm wondering if we could try to find a good place from the show together. In the meantime, anybody got some good recommendations for favorite restaurants in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area? My fave restaurant is without a doubt Panino's in North Oaks. Go there if you have never been, and try the Panino fries. Dee-lish.

I'm off to Iowa tonight for a football game with family and friends. Have a great weekend!

No comments: