Sunday, September 19, 2010

recappin'

I had a really really great weekend, friends. It was fast and fun and full of some awesome stuff. I already mentioned this yesterday, but this fall weather is just making me so happy. I love wearing scarves and busting out some of my boots that have been collecting dust in the garage over summer.

Friday night, I spent the evening at the Twins game with my friend Kristin, as I mentioned before. We had a great time watching the game from the left field bleachers, and then moved up to sit with some other friends. I am just now realizing that I posted pretty much this exact same thing yesterday, but oh well.

Kristin works downtown, so we got free parking in the ramp she parks at during the week. It was kind of a walk to get to the stadium so we found this statue on the way. It has been pointed out to me that I did a bad job of trying to imitate the statue here... Oh well.

Saturday's day of football was equally as fun. Katie and I rode up with my mom and grandma, Bev. My gram usually spends her time in one of three places: Minnesota, Washington, or Arizona. Where she is just kinda depends on her mood, I suppose. Anyway, it was GREAT to see my grandma because she is just a hoot. She was wearing shape ups (those shoes that claim to tone your body just by wearing them) and told all my friends that all you need to do while wearing them is stand up straight, stick out your boobs and away you go. Not something you'd expect to hear from a 74 year old lady but whatever.

Bev for the life of her can not open her eyes in photos. It's a Miller thing. I didn't even have my flash on, plus, it wasn't sunny. But still, eyes shut. I struggle with the very same thing and it's annoying beyond belief. So yea, I blame Bev.

After the game on Saturday, I went out with a big group of friends to Fusion in Uptown. I know this is a bit hypocritical after my praise to St. Paul, since Fusion is located in MPLS. But if you haven't been there, I highly recommend it. It was pretty small, but they had great food and a great atmosphere. There were two big screen TV's mounted on the wall; one playing Austin Powers and the other, Popeye. Weird, right? But pretty sweet. We all had an excuse to dress up and go out on the town. It was a blast. The following is a pic of all the lovely ladies who went out for din:

We then went to a guy friends house for a little fall bonfire. I enjoyed myself mainly because I was the only one there with my Ipod, therefore, I controlled the music. And people seemed to enjoy the songs I selected to my on-the-go mix and that made me feel good about myself. Music choice, I feel, could easily be a direct reflection of one's personality. It was a good time at the bonfire. I didn't take any pictures, though.

Saturday was also the big 23 month anniversary for me and Dusty. That means that next month, October 18, will be two years! Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Today I started out the day working at EC. They served walleye for lunch and Al, who I have mentioned here before, told me not to strain myself catching the fish for his meal. Made me smile. I got a little sad today at work because some of the nicest ladies I know there are really starting to deteriorate, health-wise. Some are unable to walk anymore, others, just very confused and overall not really with it anymore. That's the sad thing about working with the elderly. It's not fun to see such fun and happy people get old, in a bad way. I'm not really sure that makes sense, but I think you know what I mean. I cranked out some of my homework assignments after work and also finished the remainder of my background checks for student teaching. They are done, PTL. I then went home to my parents to watch the Colts/Giants (or Manning/Manning) game. I was a horrible football fan today and didn't realize that the Colts were even playing, otherwise I would have whipped out my P. Manning jersey for moral support. I have to support someone, the Vikes aren't really doing it for me. Don't know if you heard, but they LOST to the Dolphins. Sigh. Oh, scratch that, they lost to the Dolphins at HOME. Before the game started on TV, my mom and I watched a little Say Yes to the Dress on OnDemand and my brother even got involved. It was a countdown of the most dramatic moments EVER on the show. SCORE! I was bummed when I got home because my dad and dog were both MIA on a run. They finally came home around halftime and we just had a blast with the dog. I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not, but I do have the world's greatest dog in the world. Hands down.
I know how much my dog adores Dusty and I also know how much Dusty adores my dog, so we decided to send Dust some love VIA video message. Tonight, my dad kept asking Mo to find Dusty, and the poor dog, he got so wound up and excited that he would run to each door of the house looking for him. Every time, he came back and cocked his head to the side, almost as if to say "Huh? Where is he?" It was semi-heartbreaking but also completely adorable.

That part at the end is Moses rushing to the garage door, where we almost always come in to visit. It's a crappy cell phone vid, but still adorable. Oh, and Mo's eyes are like that because I turned the flash on my camera for video mode. He's not actually possessed by aliens, like it looks. Now..... If Dusty WERE actually at our house, he would always scream "MO!!!!!" in a high pitched voice and pat his chest, which Moses would automatically see as an invite to give him a hug, and bite him on the wrist (playfully). Ah, man's best friend. K, I am done getting all sappy about my dog and my boyfriend.

All in all, a very packed and fun weekend for me. How about for everyone else? Hope it was great! This is going to be another busy week for me but I enjoy the busyness. Keeps me in line. I was reminiscing a bit tonight about some fun memories I have from this time of year, only a couple years ago. I decided to use that memory material for a different post, so stay tuned!!!

No comments: