Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday!! It's been a great past couple of days for me for a variety of reasons. I hope everyone else is also having a great week.

Reason #1 I've been loving the past couple of days is because I've been able to spend a good chunk of time with my roommates. I mentioned that we all got to go to Vespers together on Sunday night, and last night, for a little while anyway, we all got to watch Hannah play volleyball against Concordia at Bethel. We then gathered as a house to have our first "house church" of the year. Some friends of ours at school started the idea of House Church last year. Basically, your house/dorm/suite/apartment/whatever gathers once a week in fellowship to pray, study the bible, talk, dig into your faith... essentially it's another form of church. It's been pretty cool to see it grow through out our campus and our house started last night with a night of affirmations. We all had our names written on a piece of paper, and spent time writing affirmations to each other. It was so nice to be able to just give each other compliments, be sappy, and tell each one of my dear, beautiful roommates just how much I love em. They are all great, because they did the same to me and it made my night. I'm excited to see how this goes for the rest of the year!!

Reason #2 I have enjoyed the past couple of days: Monday night=watched "Madea Goes to Jail." Tuesday night=watched "Meet the Browns." Do you see the pattern? I indulged in my Tyler Perry obsession and watched two movies, two nights in a row. I also rented one last week, but it was sub-par, so I'm not even gonna put the name of it on here.

It was Why Did I Get Married Too. I can't do that to my fans. (Crickets chirping in the audience... awkward.......)

Reason #3 is that I skyped with Dust this morning and got to actually look at his face. This was our first time actually getting to skype since he has been on the road!! It was very special and fun and I was so glad I got to "see" him. It's not quite the same as real life but I take what I can get these days.

Reason #4.... Dusty is currently staying with my dear roommate Randi's parents who live in New Jersey!! They have been so hospitable. Apparently he got a steak dinner wrapped in bacon, wine, coffee and biscotti, a hottub session AND even a neon green work t-shirt from Randi's dad!! And tomorrow night they are going to dinner in Manhattan. What a great thing. So glad they are being so kind to my boyfriend. I have great friends. Well, I suppose I should say, my friend's have great parents :-)

Reason #5 is that I am loving my Wednesday night class. It's called Spirituality, Sexuality, and the Family. The prof started out a little crazy on the first night, and to be honest it freaked me out a bit, but her style of teaching is really good for the subjects that we cover in this course. I really like everything we have learned about so far. The stuff we cover is pretty deep and so I may just have to write back about it in a future post, but it's a lot of fun. I just enjoy learning about family functioning tied in with my faith. I'm looking forward to Wednesday nights from now on.

I think having five good reasons for having a good day is pretty good, wouldn't you say? And now the day is nearly over at 11:55 p.m. Oh! Which also means I'm not too late to wish my sweet little baby cousin ALYSSA JANE ENGLUND a happy 19th birthday. Boy does the time fly by.

Goodnight.

No comments: