Monday, September 13, 2010

Kicking off my week

First of all, I got a great night of sleep last night. Thanks for the prayers. I went to bed around midnight which was later than I was hoping, but my entire household of roomies+myself went to Vespers together, which was a special occasion too good to pass up. Vespers was good. We got home and I had to take care of a few things before bed, and when I hit the bed, I crashed. And got a good nine hours. It felt so good to get some rest without taking a sleeping pill to help.

The weekend was good aside from the sleeplessness. I realized that I didn't really recap on it today... The Bethel game was great.. They won! Dinner for Cami Wahl's birthday was really fun, and Callie and I opted to shop instead of see the movie. Okay, actually, we opted to stay at the restaurant for the cake dessert, and by the time it was done, missed the movie, so we shopped. I bought a few things. I don't feel bad about it [not anymore. My mom made me feel plenty bad about it being unnecessary after I told her. She says I use retail therapy to help deal with my feelings. Whatevs.]

Ahhh Maddie just walked on my back and cracked it a million times. It was awesome.

So today, a few things happened that made my day:
-Wore my new legging/sweatpant combination capri's that zip down the side of my ankle. They are extremely comfortable and they were also on sale. Woohoo!
-Woke up this morning to a text from my guy in NYC! He is staying with my cousin Tyler who lives in Brooklyn and I am so so happy that he was able to have contact with a human being after days of being on the road alone :)
-Finally got a package in my PO that I have been waiting for for a few days. I bought hair detangler. I know that sounds pathetic but it's (from what I've heard) a really good detangler that smells awesome and I have been really excited to use it!
-Bought a really good song on iTunes. If you must know, it is called "My Love" by Paul McCartney and the Wings. It's an oldie but a goodie. Especially if you are a sap like me.
-Got three postcards in the mail from... you guessed it... Dustin Wade Wahl

Postcards #1 and #2 from Niagara Falls. One is from the American side, the other from the Canadian side!!

And postcard #3, from Portland, Maine. It's the lighthouse from the pic Dust sent me earlier last week. This picture taken on the postcard is dated 1900!! Wow!

It's probably extremely dorky to post pics of myself holding up the postcards but I want to display just how much I loved receiving them!! I was going to post pics of the writing because it's sweet, but Photobooth takes pictures backwards so it would be as if you held the postcards up to a mirror. So... Not really worth it. Oh well!

I had my first meeting with my senior seminar professor regarding my research topics for my paper. Her exact words were that she is not "stoked" about my topics, but is hoping that I can make something of them anyway. Bleh. I have to contact TPT Minneapolis this week and see if they have any primary sources regarding children's educational television and Sesame Street. Does that sound interesting or fun to anybody out there? If you answered yes, I will give you money to do this for me.

Kidding. That just wouldn't be right.
I'm really happy right now because, at 10:45 p.m., I am exhausted. And feel like I could just fall asleep at any second. I know this post is a bit short but I'm ready to turn in and I can't complain about that! I have no class on Tuesdays or Thursdays, so I am looking forward to not having anything to do tomorrow until work in the evening. Ahhh. I don't even think I'm gonna set an alarm for tomorrow. We'll just see where that takes me.

The last thing I will leave with is the following pic, which is: another Man vs. Food stop, hence, another challenge. That he lost.


Tyler texted me this picture from the place they stopped at. I believe the caption read "His phone is dead, like his taste buds, and his spirit."

Poor guy :-( He really doesn't look so good and I'm sure he isn't going to be too thrilled when he sees that I've posted this on the blog, either.

Welp, on that note......

Goodnight!! "I'll see you in the morning...."

No comments: