Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stop this train.




So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young...

This song was sung in church on Sunday and I had never heard it before. I've been replaying it in my head pretty much since.

I've had a really tough week. I interviewed for a teaching position, but I didn't get the job. I have felt so up in the air about everything in the two days since. I saw two good friends of mine get married, and freaked out about being in that stage of life. I went to my brother's football game tonight and felt like I had literally skipped from age 16 to 22 in an instant. How can it be that my brother is in high school, and I am OUT of college... unemployed and not getting any younger?

It freaks me out... time is slipping away and I seriously wish I could just stop the train for one second. Just be young. Enjoy being in my 20's rather than feel like I have to get my act together and lock down my life with a full time job.

This is just one of those bare-all, emotional breakthrough posts. Don't mind me :) I feel like I deserve to be a little bummed out, after all, I did admit to smearing Crisco on my face in the last post. 

Beau and Tommy (his best friend) - 2010 with Dusty in Florida
Beau and Tommy - 2011 - How did they get so old all of a sudden???      









No comments: