Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lately

Tonight, Dust took me on a late evening boat ride.
We had some awesome conversation. Caught each other up to speed on what lies ahead for both of us in our lives. Saw an enormous shark-like fish jump out of the water* and also watched a duck skid across the water about 25 feet. It was fantastic. 
*I mention the shark-like fish because Dusty's neighbor has a girlfriend who doesn't swim on the lake because she truly believes that the Loch Ness Monster resides in it. No joke. I think it's pretty funny. She also discourages her boyfriend from entering the lake, as well.
The moon is out on Long Lake
It was great just to be able to sit and talk and not have the distractions of TV, cell phones (I steal Dust's phone to play Angry Birds every chance I get) and just BE. 

We had a great past couple of days with our good friends, Steph and Danny. Being with those two is always a guaranteed good time. And good times, we had. We ventured out to Psycho Suzi's in Minneapolis and then headed back to Dusty's house in Mahtomedi, but weren't ready to give up the potential our night had to offer. Long story short, we ended up at Frigaards bar in Willernie which was just an experience and a half. I am hoping that Danny decides to blog about the whole thing because something tells me he will be able to put a more hilarious spin on the night's activities, more so than I could. 

On a bit of a different note, I've stumbled upon some pretty awesome music, lately. Here are just a couple of my current favorite songs. I've been reminiscing on music that I was once obsessed with in high school and have gotten reconnected with some good old tunes that really bring me back. Enjoy!
Hackensack - Fountains of Wayne (an old one from back in the day)

He Can Only Hold Her - Amy Winehouse.
Can I just say... I am so bummed about her tragic/recent death. She was so so talented.

Helena Beat - Foster the People. I am slowly becoming more and more obsessed with this band. What's even better, is they offered this single on Itunes recently for FREE! I confess... I drove to work this morning just blasting this song and unashamed, tapped the beat on my steering wheel. I was just loving life. It was great. Oh, and can you get over the strangeness of the Youtube video I found? Yea, neither can I.

Coming up soon... My thoughts on the new movie, THE HELP, based on the book which I read earlier this summer and also blogged about. Dig in the archives if you are interested on my opinions regarding the book, I'm too lazy to find the link and embed it. Happy Thursday!


No comments: