Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 1

Well, the first day of my 8th grade life was... okay.

I have never said "Stop talking" or "Be quiet" or just plain "SHHHHHH!!!!!" so many times in my life.

Nor have I ever heard the F word more in the hallways.

Nor have I ever seen so many little people with cell phones- NICE cell phones. When I was an 8th grader, I knew maybe 3 people with cell phones and all 3 were the brick-y Nokia's with the black and white screens. The most trouble you could get in for using electronics in class was to have your graphing calculator taken away (remember the games you could download on those things??)

But it wasn't all bad.

The truth is, I was extremely spoiled at my last school because my last school was Fantasyland. This school will be a little different and I don't know anyone there yet. Which is fine. I also am not used to middle school. I forgot how badly I hated middle school. It was a tough time for me (and basically everyone else I knew) socially. I don't think teaching 8th grade will be so bad- it's just going to be an adjustment.

And it's only a month :)

In other news, does anyone relate to how much you HATE first days of anything??? School, jobs, whatever. I'm glad the first day is over. It got a little long because I don't really have anything to grade or update right now, so this is what I kept envisioning to get me through the day...

I think the people at ABC are brilliant for scheduling the Bachelor on Monday nights. They know that generally, Monday's suck and are horrible to get through without having something to look forward to. Enter in the most coveted 7 p.m. show on television. I can't wait for tonight's episode. Even though I swear off this show EVERY SINGLE SEASON because I can't stand the scripted-ness and the cheese factor, I keep coming back time after time. And even though I think Ben is boring and all these girls are psychotic. I still keep watching. The thing is, if I didn't watch, then I couldn't read Reality Steve and understand all that he has to write about. And I can't just stop reading Reality Steve!

My college professors would gag at this kind of a blog post.

1 comment:

Callie said...

Your professors might gag, but I smile with pleasure. I love me The Bachelor.