Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This little piggy cried all the way home

I had last days at the high school last week. On my second-to-last day, the teacher I replaced came in to grab a few things before starting back up this week. It hit me when she walked in, this is HER job. It's not my job anymore, my room is no longer my room, and my students will no longer be my students.

Then I ran into a teacher who I have just come to adore, and I was carrying all my crap and she told me she was super sad... and I could feel my eyes welling up with tears, so I quickly said "I'LL SEE YA TOMORROW!!!" as fast as I could get it out and booked it to my car.

And THEN I started to cry.

I loved my job. I've never felt more at home or in a better place. I loved the kids, the staff. It was such an amazing, wonderful, challenging, and rewarding experience that the thought of it being over just really made me sad. I got so many well wishes as I left school on Friday. I felt like I did a good job, like I completed something to be proud of.

Even though I hate change and HATE being done, there are things to be happy about too. I recently started a tutoring job at a middle school (VERY different from the school I just came from) but I think I am going to like it and I have felt very welcomed and accepted by the students there, already. I start subbing in just a few days! I got an Iphone recently- kind of a dumb thing to be happy about but it has been, in a word, AMAZING.

There are lots of other things that I feel the need to share which have made me happy...
Finishing the cards- all 150 of them. 
Snapping this adorable shot of my constant companion...

Perhaps my fav- written by a sweet student on my last day. Aw man.
Other things I am happy to report this week:

-Beau attended his first high school dance! He looked great. Handsome, cute, and a tad bit awkward as well mixed in. This coming-of-age moment for my little bro was definitely a sentimental one for me- He's growin' up so fast... 
-My dad had successful hip replacement surgery last Tuesday. He is already up and about and shuffles around using crutches for the time being- but after a while he will finally be able to RUN again! If you know my dad, you know this is epic to be able to even JOG. YAY!
-Wedding plans are coming along- did I fail to mention that I BOUGHT A DRESS?!? I'd post a picture, since I'm fairly certain the last time Dusty read this blog was last year, but... I can't risk it. Let's just say I'm in love, and can't wait to wear it! I just can't wait for that day, period. 
-I get to take Bernice to her hair appointment on Friday :) 

That's all, for now. 

No comments: