Monday, January 2, 2012

Best of times/Worst of times

2012.

The year I get married.

The year I become jobless- 3 weeks to be exact. Hopefully this is temporary.

The year I started my student loan payments (I just made my first payment today, as a matter of fact. My bank account is frowning at me, currently).

2011.

The year I graduated from college.

The year I started my first teaching job.

The year I got engaged!

The year I said goodbye to a couple of very special people.

A YEAR I will never forget.

If you notice a twinge of bleakness in this post, it is because I am cranky about having to go back to school tomorrow. Yes, I am complaining about going back to work after having ten straight days off. I am a big fat wimp. 

Since I have been VERY MIA in blog-posting over my break, I will leave you with my New Years Resolution for 2012. I have three in particular.

1. Spend less, save more.
2. Marry the love of my life on June 22nd (I don't see any problem with follow through on this one).
3. Worry less, enjoy each day. Life is too short to waste it on worrying.

That third one has become very precious for me to stick to as one week ago today, Dusty and I said goodbye to his sweet aunt Corinna, after a horribly awful 7 week battle with leukemia. We had a bizarre, eventful break. A very hard Christmas. But we have learned a lot. Life is hard.

But life is good too. And if I have learned anything in the last 7 days, it is to enjoy each day for all that it has to offer, love your family and friends, and trust in the Lord at all times. Because HE is good.

I have read a lot of blog posts about the new year and all that 2012 has to offer for many- new jobs, new homes, new marriages, new babies, new ideas... it excites me and encourages me! I truly hope that 2012 is as great to all of you as I intend for it to be for me. Thanks for sharing your New Years hopes and dreams through the blog world!

Over and out- someone's gotta work in the morning.

No comments: