Sunday, January 15, 2012

Way to go, Vernon Davis

So I had a stomach bug yesterday morning. It was less than glamorous to spend my Saturday hugging the toilet and just for the sake of readership, I won't share any more details.

But since I was out of commission for most of the day, I got in a LOT of TV time. I probably watched six episodes of Law and Order SVU. It was amazing. I also slept. A lot. Equally amazing. And then Dusty decided to join me at home. And that meant that our Netflix was turned off and Saturday Night Football playoffs were turned on.

Now I wasn't super invested in the teams that were playing (San Fransisco vs. New Orleans) but I knew I wasn't going to win the battle in getting my show back on so I decided to be a good sport and just watch. And what a great decision. Four lead changes in the last four minutes of the game!! I have never been a huge fan of either team but I quickly began rooting for the 49ers because I am not a big Saints fan.

So if you didn't watch, you need to catch this video clip of the final score made by the 49ers with 9 SECONDS LEFT.
If the last minute catch doesn't give you the chills, the look on Vernon Davis's face walking off the field after MAKING that catch will. So overcome with emotion, I actually started to tear up a little bit myself. I was watching the Packers-Giants game today and they interviewed Davis at half-time, asking him how he became so overcome with emotion. And he said something along the lines of how when you work so hard for something and it comes to be, you just can't help how you feel. I was so inspired and so pumped to hear that from an NFL player! And what an amazing end to the game for San Fransisco. Well done, Vernon! I will be rooting for you officially to go all the way!

No comments: