Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why I love December

December 17th: Celebrated the wonderfully beautiful wedding day of my future sister-in-law, Callie
Same day: Watched my fiance proudly walk his sister down the aisle, giving away the bride, while tears in turn streamed down my face
December 20th (tonight): spent the night in our living room next to the Christmas tree, listening to Sufjan Stevens' Christmas album while my mom and I both address our Christmas cards. Dusty and I are sending out Save the Dates this year for Christmas. Our amazing photographer, Britt, captured our engagement session a couple of weeks ago and you can check them out on Facebook, here.

December 19th (last night): had an unplanned night with Dust to PARROT VIDEO in White Bear Lake, your one-stop shop for tanning, consignment, and video rentals. Being that Dusty and I are huge movie people, the sudden disappearance of the neighborhood Blockbuster has gotten us down. We found this old hidden gem on a drive recently, stopped in (it's kind of ghetto, not gonna lie) and rented PIRAHNA (1978!) as well as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (I didn't watch it). What an amazing thing to be able to rent videos again! (I think the tanning is what keeps the place running)

December 16th: A student of mine (rather shy) waited until the end of her class period to find me and give me an envelope with a card inside. It was simple, but thanked me for being her American Government teacher. It made my entire day.

Last night, again: Woke up at 2 a.m. to a lonely beast (my dog) who decided to sleep in my room for the rest of the night. Right at my feet.

I have had a pretty good December, so far. I can't wait for the rest of this week. Merry Christmas!

If you are interested in seeing what our Christmas cards look like, check out my last post! I changed them slightly by getting rid of the wreath, but you get the general idea.

No comments: