Monday, February 27, 2012

Pick me up.

I'm glad that I have a blog. Because it allows me to hear responses and input from people who actually read, who know how I feel in certain circumstances, and who help make the days better. Thanks, blog friends! (AKA Britt and Callie!)

Not factoring in the fact that I kind of had a sap moment last night, I didn't have the best day today at school. Let's just say... as of today, 8th graders have gotten the best of me. It's just been a long week. Oh wait, it's MONDAY! Joking aside, I couldn't handle the fact that I have a full week to get through without having something to look forward to and so I decided to boost my spirits, and plan a little something.

Did I ever mention to you that Dusty and I are huge dorks? 

You read it here. 

We were recently driving to downtown MPLS when we drove past one of those state-of-the-art electronic billboards that was advertising "DISNEY ON ICE: Dare to Dream!" Coming to MN this Wednesday.

We both gasped. 

Dust and I are Disney fanatics. We have been to Disney on Ice twice in our relationship (I've been three times total!) 
The second cutest couple ever (first cutest couple pictured below)
Our first time at DOI- which also happened to be when we were babies (I think I look young...)
We have visited Disneyland together (on one of my favorite vacations to date- to California!), DisneyWorld (we considered it for our honeymoon!). 
Disneyland!!! May 2009


Downtown Disney- Orlando 2010
One of the first movies we ever watched together was Disney's Robin Hood (probably my favorite movie of all time) and we also have been working on expanding our Disney movie collection as of yet. I have recently purchased Beauty and the Beast, which in turn gave us a free ticket to see it in 3D, which you KNOW we took advantage of three weeks ago! I am kind of a closet Disney Princess fan and sometimes, I pretend that I AM one (Shh). 


So when I thought back to that billboard tonight, after a ho-hum episode of The Bachelor, and a reminder that tomorrow is another day that could go unexpected with the 8th graders, I purchased two tickets to see Disney on Ice this Friday at the Target Center. 

For me and Dust :) 

Amazing how an hour and a half show of cartoon characters on ice skates can instantly put me in a childish happy mood. Maybe I had to revert back to my young ways like I mentioned in my last post. I may not be a kid anymore but that doesn't mean I can't have my moments here and there. 

I will be sure to take pictures to add to my growing collection, if you couldn't tell, I kind of like to chronicle the magical moments that Disney has provided to me over the years. To remember the memories.

And to look at pictures of the best looking guy like.... ever.
Okay, my last statement was deceiving. Because although we might look like the happiest two people on earth, in the happiest place on earth... the truth is, we got in a MAJOR blow up fight right after this picture was taken. It was our second time at Disneyland in three days and we had just spend the entire day touring Hollywood AND getting stuck in major LA traffic. Dusty lost a battle with me across the way at California Adventure... I made him go on California Condors over the Hollywood Tower of Terror, thus proclaiming Dusty to "lose his manhood" on a lame fake glider tour ride that simulated flying over the California coast. I felt pretty bad. Dusty by this point was extremely hungry once we hopped over to Disneyland, we had a crappy seat for the fireworks, and all Dusty could talk about was buying a turkey leg. They were all out by park's closing. I preceded to burst into tears due to exhaustion, overemotions, and irritability and Dusty's mood did not change. That is, until we walked out of the park, noticing ONE VENDOR had ONE TURKEY LEG left. I bought it immediately and gave it to the crank next to me. We drove home to Dusty's mom's, went to bed, and got up the next morning at 5:30 a.m. to fly home. 

There goes the world's longest unnecessary caption award given to yours truly.

Suffice it to say, I am pretty excited for Friday!

No comments: