Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Song of the Day, or "SOTD"

If you know me and my blog well, you know that sometimes, a song just ENCOMPASSES all that you are feeling in a given time. It can be temporary to feel down, and well... lately I have felt down about a lot. Loss, uncertainty, discontent. I'm working on it.

Well, I guess on that note, I want to introduce my favorite Song of the Day. Or I guess in this case, my favorite Song of the Week. Bon Iver is the brainchild of Kanye West, and helmed by Justin Vernon of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. A fellow mid-Westerner! I recently discovered this group through listening to The Current (89.3 for those of you located in the Twin Cities area) and I have fallen in love with his sad, slow ballads. Holocene is a song that caught my attention on the day of Sean's funeral. The tone of this song just encompassed every feeling I felt on that day. Enjoy.




*I plan on introducing more music, songs and artists in the future as I see fit. Maybe I will keep referring to it as SOTD. We'll see.

No comments: