Monday, January 24, 2011

Aloha my friends!

I am back from one of the most relaxing, amazing, beautiful and tropical vacations of my LIFE! Hawaii was simply amazing. We (mom, Grandma Bev, my brother and I) all had a great time cruising the islands and after a week of submersion in paradise... I have a few thoughtful insights:

Oahu~ Always a favorite spot to visit if you are looking for someplace tropical but touristy. Not all tourist filled cities are a drag! My first trip to Hawaii was in 11th grade and we stayed on Oahu the whole trip. There is a lot to enjoy about this island: Honolulu, Waikiki Beach, Diamond Head Mountain, and Pearl Harbor. I really enjoy this island because I really don't think there are many places in the world that are lined with high end shops on one street and beaches the next.


Maui~ Relaxing and resort-y. But very, very beautiful. I enjoyed Maui for being very relaxing and absolutely gorgeous. We spent two days on the island and basically just layed out and went to the beach. The beaches of Maui are gorgeous, and there are a lot of beautiful resorts that made for some really amazing views. I heard from many of my friends and family who have been to Maui that it is their absolute favorite island. To me, I'm sorry! But I would say it was the least favorite of mine. All the islands are gorgeous, but Maui just didn't have a draw that made me want to stay. If I could go back to Hawaii I would love to spend more time on the island of Maui because I'm sure that we missed out on a lot of the beauty that Maui has to offer.

My mama in Maui!

The Big Island~ One of my favorite stops on the cruise. We spent another two days here, on the Hilo side (East) and the Kona side (West). The Big Island of Hawaii is one of the most natural, amazing, pretty places I have ever been. Hilo appealed to me because of the amazing sights... black sand beaches, lava formed landscapes, and amazing waterfalls. Kona was more of a cute little tourist town that had a really pretty harbor. My brother and I did a lot of shopping in Kona and were lucky enough to catch a pod of Hawaiian Spinner dolphins jumping at the pier for about twenty minutes. Amazing.

Akaka Falls-Hilo


Shore side shops of Kona

Kauai~ My. Favorite. Place. Kauai is the most naturally beautiful and tropical places I've ever been. I loved it for so many reasons. It's no wonder some of my favorite movies (Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Carribean, to name a couple) have all been filmed here. I can't really explain the beauty of Kauai without showing these pictures...





I would live in Kauai if an opportunity presented itself. I would work at Wal-Mart, a restaurant, and at a school to make ends meet if it meant I could call Kauai home.

So there you have it. We all had a great time together. My brother and I got into a few minor spats, but it was actually really fun to share a room on the ship. Grandma Bev, as usual was a hoot. She even got a little adventurous with her souvenir purchases!


There are so many special memories from this trip. I can't wait to go back, and mark my words, I'll be back soon!

Have any of you ever been to Hawaii? I'm curious to know what other people think of the different islands! It's good to be back!

1 comment:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Oh my gosh!! This is my dream vacation :0) I LOVE IT! I am so glad you were able to go!!! What a treat and blessing. Love the photos -- love your tan ;)