Friday, November 12, 2010

Yayyy for Friday and for LIFE!!

This has just been the BEST week.

I met with a man named Bill this morning for coffee to interview him about a television program he hosted in the 1950's. His information is EXTREMELY useful/helpful for my senior sem paper. I am so excited about this paper, guys! I know it might make me sound a bit dorky but I am really pumped about the information and sources that I have and I really hope it reflects on all the hard work I've been doing this semester. I never thought that the connections you establish could lead you to having a conversation with one of the earliest TV show hosts in the state. Crazy!

That kind of set the tone for my whole day. I got a lot done at work because I happen to have another big paper due next Friday that I hadn't started yet. Good research. Then I received probably the best news of my whole day!

I'm student teaching at Mahtomedi High School next semester! Not just Dusty's old school... but a really good district to have experience. I have been praying pretty much all of college that I would be placed where God wants me to be. I have faith that this will be a great experience for me! Even better is that my friend Jana, also the same major as me, is student teaching at Mahtomedi as well, so we will have the option to carpool. In other words, we have the option to save gas!

The last great thing about my school day: My professor pushed back my next big paper from Friday to Monday!!!!! BEST NEWS EVER!! Especially when you are in the midst of trying to finish a good 25 pages :)

I am so thankful for the way things have turned out this week. It has been so encouraging to have things open up for me.

I've been reading around and it sounds like everyone is up to some fun stuff. It helps to know that it is finally acceptable to listen to Christmas music... has anyone turned on 102.9 yet?!

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend, everyone!

No comments: