Monday, November 15, 2010

Cuteness.

I have spent the last few days "off" from writing here because of my busy weekend and (guess) being sick. Again.

Before I get into what "cuteness" was today, I have to show you a picture from my weekend:


THAT would be the Bethel football field on Saturday afternoon. Completely covered with snow, aside from the lines that mark the downs. It was the craziest game, but one- we won! And two- we are going to the playoffs! This weekend in Iowa. My family is pretty excited, especially my dad. I just can't imagine playing in that kind of weather, ever. But the Royals pulled it off and played a GREAT game.

So tonight I had work at Pres Homes. I can't remember if I have talked about this couple before, but there is a married couple who live in the building I work at that are just SO in love. It's actually super cute, they are in their mid-90's (!!) and have been married for over 60 years. I know that they lived in Philadelphia for several years, and they both have very proper, east coast accents. They are adorable. I wish I had a picture. The husband is so tall and the wife is just a shrimp. And like I said, they are in their mid-90's and so they always stroll into the dining room with their walkers. Well anyways, tonight I walked up to them to ask them how things were going and Dick (husband) looks at Miriam (wife) then looks at me and says,

"My wife absolutely fascinates me."
Now first thing I think is, that is absolutely adorable. But then I think... what could possibly be fascinating about a 93 year old woman?

We chatted a bit more and Dick continues: "I've been married to her over 60 years and she still manages to keep me completely interested. She is unbelievable, fabulous. The poet Emily Dickinson once said, 'When the soul selects, it shuts the door' and that is what's happened with me. The moment I laid eyes on her so many years ago, I knew she was the one. And she still manages to fascinate me!"

I hope that my husband can say that about me when I'm 93, wrinkly, probably a little chubby, and out of it. Because really, is that not true love right there? Being old and not quite the same as you once were at your youngest, and yet, your husband still finds you absolutely fascinating? :)

That was my cute story for the day. I love old people! Just love 'em.

Here is my last story of the day that I think is cute, but you probably won't. I gotta try to get through it without tearing up a bit... Today, I popped a ZIT on my baby brother's forehead.

Beau's first zit. Can you believe it? The real tragedy here is that his voice is unrecognizable these days. I can't hardly believe Beau is going through puberty.

Love you Beau :) I told him I would give him a blog shout out. Once he reads this he's probably going to be sorry he even asked.

No comments: