Tuesday, November 23, 2010

On thankfulness.

Sorry for my absence on here. I have been so busy over the last week that I just haven't had the time to even think, it feels! Plus, I think that I have had a little bit of blog-writer's block. And okay, also, I got a twitter (As I posted last time) and I'm going to be honest, it kind of took over my life these past few days. I had no idea what to write about on here in the midst of busy days with school, working both my jobs, and trying to get organized for Thanksgiving. OH! And going out of town to Iowa to watch the Royals defeat Wartburg in the first round of playoffs last weekend! WOO HOO!!

But anyways. I was reading one of my favorite blogs today and was totally inspired to write about something that I am extremely thankful for. And you might think its silly, I think its special and awesome and amazing. This post is going to be

All

About

MOSES!

My dog!

Going back to said favorite blog... I read this quote which I believe to be totally true:
"Dogs are such wonderful animals and are basically magic wands of happiness"

How could this not make you happy?


Our family has had Moses for over two years now. He's an adorable spunky but loving lab and I just can't express how much I love this dog. Moses is such an obey-er. He loves to please his family members by being obedient and does a pretty darn good job of it. He is playful and SO CUTE and he brings me so much joy!! I love him.


Mo's REAL parents belong to two family friends of ours who happen to be neighbors. His brother also happens to be the dog of one of my good friends at Bethel, so its fun to have connections. One thing that I love is that Dust was around to see us get our adorable new puppy two years ago.

The thing I love is that the day after we got Mo, Dust and I started dating! So that holds special memory for obvious reasons. Moses is such a great companion. He makes a great pillow, is always good for some love, and never lets me down.
It is kind of crazy to think that a simple animal could make such a difference to somebody, but dogs really do that! They are so intuitive into human feelings. Its kind of crazy, I think. Remember the post I wrote about the night I broke down over how much I missed Dust? Moses put his paw right up on my leg as I was in tears, and it was like he just knew. I love that about dogs! They just love you, no matter what.

Here's another thing. You can't know my dad without knowing how much he adores this dog. He doesn't go a day without saying "That dog loves me!" or "I really love Mo." That dog does everything with my dad. He follows him while he mows the lawn. They run miles to Bethel together (without a leash, obedience remember?). They snuggle together at night while watching ESPN. Wanna know a secret? I think Moses has been a remedy to my dad since my sister and I are both away at college. Granted, he still has my brother, but they both have kind of adopted Mo as another member of the family and he does a pretty awesome job at keeping them happy with my sister and I not living at home right now. Don't tell my dad I said that :) He might be too tough to admit it.

I'm thankful for MO, in the spirit of Thanksgiving. Of course I'm thankful for a host of other things, but I have read recently about dogs that have passed away, or dogs that have become new members of the family, and I think that its pretty cool to see just how special those little pets can be. They are the best.


Do any of you have dogs or other pets that have made your life happy? If so, feel free to chat with me because I am a sucker for a great dog story!

I LOVE MO!

Just for fun, check out how hilarious and hysterical my dog can be below...

No comments: