Sunday, December 11, 2011

The next week

Dust and I took our engagement photos today and I am SO excited to see how they turned out. I was pretty nervous all week long about the fact that it had been nearly NEGATIVE degrees outside with this crazy MN weather and I was just praying that somehow, we would have a little warmth. Well, God answered our prayers today by giving us a GORGEOUS 40 degree photoshoot. Originally, we had planned to photograph in downtown Stillwater, but over the last few days, Dust and I changed our minds and decided to use his own house for the pics! I am not regretting the decision one bit. The snow has blanketed the ground here in MN, the lake is frozen, and we got some really cool shots with the sun shining out- I can't wait to post some pictures here after they have been edited!

This weekend was fun- but once again went by all too fast. Friday night was a bachelorette party for Callie~ my future sister-in-law! It is blowing my mind that she will be a married woman by next week. We ate at Crave in Mall of America, did the whole unlimited ride wristband thing in "Nickelodeon Universe" (I miss Camp Snoopy...) and hung out at a hotel near the mall into the late night watching Callie open up scandalous presents. After the bachelorette, I realized something: I love my new family. Anytime I get the chance to hang out with the Wahl clan, I have to remind myself that I will soon join and become a part of that amazing group.

I spent Saturday basically napping the day away. I don't know what it was about this past week- I fit in a lot of material in all my classes and also had a bout of horrible sickness a couple of days that didn't help my motivation OR my energy. By the end of the week, I was spent and I stayed out fairly late on Friday night so I decided that I wasn't going to do a single thing on Saturday. I forgot to turn my alarm off on Friday night, however, and so Saturday morning, I woke up at 6:20 a.m. in a panic thinking that I was already late to work. It took a couple of minutes to remind myself that it was, in fact, Saturday, and I was NOT late for work, or anything. Don't you hate that? When you completely freak in a dazed slumber and give yourself a minor panic attack? Not the biggest deal in this case because I went RIGHT back to sleep, but still. I then woke up at 10. Ate breakfast. Sat on the couch. Watched Elf. Fell asleep for two hours. Woke up. Showered. Went shopping with Dust (sweater shopping, for the engagement pics!) It was a well spent Saturday. We wrapped up the night by attending a family friends' Christmas concert with Joe (Dusty's roommate) and Char (future mom-in-law). I got boots at Target. It was a good day.

Do you ever feel like no one is going to read your blog if there aren't pictures? I kinda do. I tend to skip over blog posts that aren't littered with images to keep me interested. Well, I suppose I just ruined today's post for everyone then, at least for those who feel the same way as I do. Too bad. I didn't take any pictures MYSELF this weekend- so you will just have to wait patiently like me to see the professional photos soon :) Otherwise, I hope you enjoyed my weekend recap. On to the next week- it is going to be a busy one. Six days until Callie becomes Mrs. Wayt. AH!

1 comment:

Callie said...

I read through the whole post, even with no pictures!

So excited to have you be my sister-in-law...we are pretty lucky that we get to join the Miller family as well.

Love you. So excited to have you celebrate with me this weekend!