Sunday, October 24, 2010

Well hello there....

Man, I have really been sucking it up at posting on here these past few days. There are a multitude of reasons. One... I felt as though my writing style was getting a little bit ba-ba-ba-BORING and two... I was really busy over the last week. I did a really smart thing after getting back from Florida... I slacked on homework. Actually, I just didn't really do ANY of it. So this week, I hit the books and got things crackin'. I actually got a lot done too... had I not been such a sloth and waited until now to finish a zillion things, I would have had more time to write on here. But... No matter now. I'm here and I'm back again!

Now that I have probably officially lost all my followers (again, crickets chirping......) I suppose I should write about something that people might find SOMEWHAT interesting?!

Like I said, it was a busy week. I finished a big chunk of research for my senior seminar paper, I wrote a book report on "The Odyssey" for Greek Civ, AND I just cranked out a ten day curriculum grid for one of my education classes. Now, as a college senior who has put in a fair share of work towards my education, I have to say three things:
1) Writing a senior seminar paper that has to be at a minimum of 25 pages is not a task to be taken lightly. Leaving the research until the LAST minute is a horrible, horrible decision.
2) There is nothing worse in the world than sitting in NEAR EASTERN AND GREEK CIVILIZATION class on a beautiful Friday afternoon at 3 o'clock.
3) Actually, there is something worse. It's called designing a curriculum grid for a 6th grade geography class. On a lazy Sunday afternoon. When you got about six hours of sleep. And there is a 16 and Pregnant marathon on MTV.

Those are my weekend/school insights for today. And don't you forget it.

Anyways, my weekend went a little something like this. After I finally got out of class on Friday afternoon, I came home and had a glorious restful evening with Jackie. We watched Four Weddings on TLC for about three hours. Then we decided to take a little dinner break and got sushi at Byerly's. Delicious. Dusty always makes fun of me when I tell him I get sushi because really, I just get California rolls, which are the least sushi-ish of the lot. I can't help it that I enjoy the simple things in life, plus, I can't handle spicy. Our house had a bonfire which went late into Friday evening. I got to catch up with a couple of friends that I haven't seen or spoken to in awhile, so that was really nice.

Saturday was a tougher day. Bethel played St. Thomas, at St. Thomas, for THEIR homecoming. We played our hearts out, and still lost. It was such a close one, and I felt really bad for my dear old dad after the loss. But, it's alright. I still love the Royals, like I have for the last ten years of my life :)

Katie J and I had a few friends over to my house on Saturday night for a relaxing round of movies and treats. As much as I miss hanging out with the BF on Saturday nights, sometimes there is nothing better than laying around with your girlfriends in sweatpants and a greasy pony tail. Sorry if that description was a little nast.

I spent the morning at work (Pres Homes) and then attacked the remainder of my homework for about five hours. I then watched another devastating loss (Vikes vs. Packers) at my parents house tonight. It was great to be with family. The only one we were missing was my sister. I felt full at the end of the night, being around the fam is just always, always the best. My mom made me a delicious taco salad and then we made caramel apples. I guess the whole time I was over there, my brother and Dusty were texting about how they are going to open up a restaurant someday. Hm! Interesting idea, boys! I guess I can't knock it, having two of my favorite guys in the world collaborate on something wonderful ;-) Beau will just have to grow up a little bit, 15 may be a bit young to start up a restaurant....

I'm getting a cold. Dang. And, speaking of cold, that random 80 degree October weather decided to pack up and skip town. It's wet and rainy and brisk outside. And... our heat isn't working at our house. Dang. So I am currently curled up in bed wearing socks and a sweatshirt. Watching Say Yes to the Dress.

Ya think I need to maybe sway away from the bridal stuff? Meh. What can ya do.

One random thing: I decided that for the month of November, I am going to take Sundays off from work. I have just REALLY missed going to church. As much as I love those old people at Eagle Crest, I really miss being spiritually fed on Sundays. Does that make sense? I may be missing out on the money, but I figure, God will still provide! Right? I hope so. It's all good, I trust him. He's been pretty good to me so far.

Hopefully I will have something more interesting to write about tomorrow. Good night friends.

1 comment:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

He will FOR SURE provide, Casey! What a hard decision {especially when $$ is involved}... you will be rewarded.

And AMEN to the ponytails & sweatpants. It's a beautiful thing :)