Sunday, April 22, 2012

Prayer

This morning I quickly ran out to my car to drive downtown to church at the same time that my next-door neighbor, Roy, was getting into his car. We exchanged "hello's" and waved and went our separate ways.

Six hours later, Roy was in a fatal motorcycle accident less than two miles from our home. They don't expect him to make it through the night.

Ironically (and what I really hoped to write about on here tonight) we heard an incredible sermon this morning on the POWER of prayer and appealing to the Lord. I am praying with persistence. Praying for WHATEVER it is that God sees fit for this awful situation.

If you feel compelled to, please come alongside me with your prayers. Roy's son Andres is one of my dearest friends and our families have been close friends for years, as neighbors often are.

Thanks and the support is so appreciated.

No comments: