Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reflections and the past few days

I was having a bit of a hyperactive evening Tuesday when I was over at Dusty's watching "Bridsemaids" with him and his sister. Since Dust decided to nap through out the entire movie while I was practically dying of laughter the entire time, when he finally woke up during the credits, I was kind of an energized little devil. I think I was just finally happy to be not talking about wedding plans for once and have him all to myself so I was just being weird and I'll admit, obnoxious. He was being a good sport in return by just letting me be myself and occasionally laughing at how dumb I was acting... to give you an idea, I actually created my own dance recently to the Mario Party theme song... I know, I am weird. I was definitely doing the dance the other night.

So I finally decided to let Dusty get to bed and head on home when I got a call from my newly established fiance as I was driving- He had called just to say, "I think you're kinda fun."

I immediately smiled because I remembered back to our first date in 2008 that had me completely nervous, super excited, and a little freaked out. Katie, one of my best friends, and I actually had huge crushes on Dusty during our freshman year and would always talk about how cute he was even though we knew he would never be available-- at least to us! So it came as a total shock when I moved in with Katie going into my sophomore year of college and Dusty randomly, very randomly, asked me to hang out with him one night after not talking to each other for months. Katie freaked, I freaked, but I also agreed, obviously.

That night is one I will never forget because we ended up going to "The Island" at Northwestern College, a staple of both our childhoods, and talked for nearly four hours. I was still nervous upon arriving to the destination that I actually squished a bug on the sleeve of my WHITE t-shirt, tried to laugh it off after Dusty pointed it out, and also fidgeted with my hands when he picked me up from my dorm in his silver Mazda. When our date was over and he dropped me off, I immediately ran to my room to tell Katie all about the night, but honestly I couldn't read him on where things were going to go from there. I had a blast and couldn't shut up basically the whole date... and Katie was dying to know if I felt like he was into me, I literally couldn't confidently say. Until I got a call from Dusty about ten minutes after getting dropped off- He called just to say, "I just wanted you to know Casey... I think you're kinda fun."

I reminded Dust of that memory just the other night when he called me after I left. It's so crazy to me that it is now three years later, three fast years containing some of the best memories I have, years that ushered me from my teen years into my 20's, years where I finished college and have moved around three different residences, and years where I fell more in love with Dusty every single day. Not to be a sap, but I am so excited to be marrying him. I feel pretty lucky to be the girl he's gonna have fun with for life.
I guess you could say the first date went well enough to go on a second one- Here's a pic providing evidence! At Benihana, September '08- I was 19 in this picture!
Wedding planning is going well- as well as it can be! We have almost set a date. We found a reception location that we LOVE and are trying to think of creative ideas to use at our wedding that will also save us some money :) I'm feeling good about my teaching job- I spent the day today reading up on VOTER RIGHTS in American Government and I think I'm ready to teach my first lesson come October 24th! Time is just flying. I'm trying to soak it all in one day at a time because I know before I know it, this season of life will be past me and I will be preparing for the big day. I'm also EXTREMELY excited to announce that my best friend and roommate from college, Jackie, got engaged tonight to her boyfriend (now fiance!) Elliot! I love this couple and I am so excited that they are entering this exciting time along with Dusty and I. They are a blast and we always have so much fun with them in whatever we do. Jackie is a bridesmaid in my wedding and she already declared to me that we will have many nights doing extreme planning over a glass of wine in the near future- Cheers to that!

The future Mrs. Wahl on the left with the future Mrs. Risbrudt on the right!
I've been going through music that we want to incorporate into our wedding day and I found this song that I just absolutely love. It reminds me of all the fun times I've had with my guy over the years, and makes me excited, especially, for what the future holds for us together. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: