Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ms. Miller.....

Today I was back at my old student teaching grounds, this time preparing to start the long term substitute job teaching Government and World History! It felt so great to be back, with all the teachers I got to know last Spring and much to my surprise, a LOT of students that I had in U.S. History also! Hearing their excitement upon seeing me again gave me a boost to NOT be so nervous, because they are GREAT kids.

I did get a little bit annoyed when I overheard two girls talking during 4th hour- I swear, high school students don't realize that teachers can, in fact, overhear conversations! The conversation went a little like this....

"Oh my gosh!! That must be our long term sub!!" -Girl #1

"It is, I asked. Oh my gosh, though, she looks SO young." -Girl #2

Me: Hm. Embarrassing. I am 7 years older than them... but... Really? I look young?!

I guess I was just bummed that the morning I spent trying to find the outfit that gave me a perfect balance between mature and casual didn't work out as I thought it would have!! Oh well.

With that being said, be prepared for what I'm sure will be many more stories coming from the hilarious minds of juniors and seniors in high school! Gotta love em!

No comments: