Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ohhhh.... we're halfway there......

Monday's are my jam-packed days of student teaching. Last Monday was no different, we actually had an hour long session with Bethel's Career Service office on applying for jobs after graduation (bleak and depressing, to say the least). Because I am rarely on campus, I decided to take advantage of being at school and had dinner with a couple of my friends that I don't see too often. We had one of those long dinners I used to have frequently wasting time and chatting casually in the dining center. By this time, I was under the impression that Dusty was in Kentucky, continuing the drive home from Florida to make it by Tuesday afternoon. Dust called me a couple of times during dinner, but I ignored the calls because I was busy catching up with my friends... remember?

Anyway, I wrapped up dinner eventually, and set up shop for doing some browsing on my computer in Market at Bethel. That led to a bunch of other friends finding me at school and chatting about nothing when Dusty sent me a couple of texts asking what I was up to. I just said "not much, hanging out at school" and didn't think much else of it.. Until he called me and sounded very verbally frustrated with the fact that I wasn't answering phone calls and talking to him on the road. This isn't like Dusty to get upset, so I packed up my stuff and headed towards the stairwell to give him a call and see why he was so frustrated.

Here is a little side note about Monday... I was a mess. Hair was greasy, makeup not so great, and I didn't really care because Monday's are always kind of crappy days anyway.

So I'm rounding the corner at Bethel and walk up the stairs to the parking lot where my car was... when DUSTY popped out from the stairwell!
I have never been so shocked and surprised... I couldn't even believe that he was there. And that's when it all made sense as to why he was so frustrated with me taking my sweet old time at school. He was trying to surprise me and I ruined it by being such a slow poke with nothing to do!!

Dusty was here a day early where we had a lot of time to catch up and hang out and see family and just spend some quality time together... for three days, and then he packed up and left for Nepal on Thursday. And I really miss him a lot. Although he will be back in just two weeks, it seems so far from now and I can't talk to him at all as being halfway across the world creates some challenges to communicating for cheap. So that's where I'm at with Dusty. He is gone for his trip and I'm lonely, but so grateful for the extra time we got to have together. And let's not forget.... He is HOME! He moved back!!

In other news... I am nearly halfway done with student teaching, which seems pretty unbelievable. It's really crazy how fast this time has gone, and how awesome the last couple of weeks have been in getting to know the kids in my three classes. We started World War II on Monday and they have been so awesome with this unit. Tomorrow is "Holocaust Day" and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna hook them with a good lesson, but I'm confident this will be a good week for learning. I leave on Saturday for Arizona and Spring Break which will be a MUCH needed break, not just from teaching but from this DANG WEATHER!... It's March 6th and it's snowing outside. Keep in mind we have had snow on the ground since mid-November, making this one of the longest winter's we have had in MN in years. Yeesh.

SO that's that. I haven't heard much from the Nepal team since they have been in the actual country, but I think that everything is going well so far. No news is good news I suppose!

Wondering how life is going for everyone else? A lot of the blogs that I read consistently have been boring like my blog has been for the last few days... Not having a boyfriend to text and hang with plus inactivity on my favorite blogs makes for a very bored Casey Miller.

I am tired. Goodnight.

No comments: