Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weekend Recap with a little help from phone pics...


I posted my schedule for the past weekend in my last post and it went about as fast as you probably could have guessed it would. Overall, though, it was an INCREDIBLY fun weekend and I am still thinking back on it because it had been a long time since I had such a packed, crazy three days. Let me start with my shower, Saturday morning, which ended up being just absolutely wonderful. Two dear friends from my church hosted and they did just an amazing job setting everything up and making my first shower extremely special. Unfortunately, I was a little too busy opening gifts to take any pictures at the actual shower, but I did manage to take one of the goods I took home...
That would be my parent's basement which has become home to the stash of gifts received so far. Dust and I are extremely blessed. Among my favorite items that we received at the shower...
~A KitchenAid Grey Teapot
~Keurig Coffee Brewer
~Cake dome with RED VELVET CAKE MIX (My fav)
~Dusty's personal favorite... The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches (I thought the kid was going to CRY when I showed it to him)

So that was Saturday morning. The theme of the shower was "God's True Riches" and everyone there (all 40 women in attendance) shared with me in some way and I felt incredibly loved. It was a really special day. Perhaps one of the cuter gifts was a piggy bank which each woman at the shower signed. I decided to follow suit on the "riches" theme, and promptly filled the bank with 75 dollars cash.

After the shower, I scrambled to get home so I could change and get ready for my dear friend, Andrea Loecken's wedding to Mr. Peter Leafblad. This was a special occasion because I consider both the bride and the groom to be dear friends. Peter and I (as mentioned previously) go WAY back to 11th grade when we thought it would be a good idea to go to Mounds View High School's Homecoming dance together.
Not my finest hour, but to be fair, it wasn't really Peter's either
We have both moved on since the days of 2005 and high school but this wedding was A BLAST! It made me want my own to be tomorrow... but then I reminded myself of all the s*%! I have to finish between now and June 22nd and I decided it's a good thing I still have a little less than two months. It was great to hang out with friends from Bethel and to see two great people make the decision to get hitched.
Mr. and Mrs. Leafblad workin' it on the dance floor.
Peter and Andrea are definitely not Jewish, but if you are from Bethel and know the crowd of people who orchestrated the above display, you probably aren't surprised
Mazel tov!!!!
One of my favorite things to do to other people is make them feel awkward with their significant others. That's why (after a couple of glasses of wine) I took the liberty of snapping a few pictures of the cutest girl-guy match ups on the dance floor

Amy and Aaron= CNCA (which I learned at the wedding stands for "cute new couple alert")
Katie and Beau- blurry from all the fun???
What would have been an adorable picture.
The wedding celebration was fantastic and I am really excited for Peter and Andrea to begin life together as they prepare to move to Connecticut. Gonna miss those two. 

Just a quick sidenote, one of the things I love about weddings these days is the option to have a photobooth on site. My future sister-in-law Callie had one at her wedding and we had a ton of fun in it, so I was really excited to see one at Peter and Andrea's reception. Naturally Dust came along as my date but happened to disappear after about 25 minutes and I had no idea where he went. The look on his face when he came back made me realize something was up and then he proceeded to hand me this...
I am one lucky lady.
Sunday was also a pretty special day as we celebrated the 90th birthdays of my grandparents, Rodney and Marian (just a sidenote, one of my favorite things ever is old people names!!). My grandparents celebrated 67 (!) years of marriage on April 4th, and they happened to be born two days apart in 1922. There lives together have produced six children, eighteen grandchildren, and now seven great-grandchildren with three on the way!!! WOW. We had a large open house at their apartment building Sunday afternoon with most of the extended family, many friends, and a lot of fond memories. 
Grandma with one of the "greats"- Emme
It's pretty cool to be able to see the legacy that has been created all because of two people and they have lived a FULL, wonderful life together!
Emme's big sister, Malaina, who is also the flower girl in my wedding. I think she kind of thinks its her wedding. Which is fine because that is exactly how I treated being a flower girl when I was a little girl. 
My grandparents with their six kids. There are a combined 534 years between them all. It took us quite awhile to figure that out...
Obviously a very full and busy weekend but definitely a memorable one. I think I also may have broken a record of number of pictures used in one single blog post... Hope it was worth it because my phone battery is officially drained from all the picture transferring. Dust and I have just 52 days to go before our own wedding, and there is definitely much to do. So if you don't hear from me for a little while, it's probably because I'm busy licking stamps or finalizing hymn selections. Have a great week!

No comments: