Thursday, May 3, 2012

BEST DAY EVER

Do you ever get so, so excited for something that it kind of just feels like it's never gonna happen???

You probably think I'm talking about my wedding. Well for once, I'M NOT! I am talking about something far different but {almost} as amazing... Sort of kidding.

I OFFICIALLY GOT MY BIRCHBOX SUBSCRIPTION TODAY.

Nearly all of you are probably clueless as to what that means, so I will now take the time to explain to you just how exciting this really is.

I recently began following a blog called "The Small Things." It's basically my new obsession. The talented woman behind the blog, Kate, is an amazing hairstylist who also writes about fashion and beauty tips. I discovered this blog through Pinterest because Kate posts some ADORABLE pictures of hairstyles that she tries out on herself and then writes tutorials for on her blog. My own hairstylist and I talk about her all the time.

So after following her blog for quite some time, I discovered that she subscribes to Birchbox. Basically every month she writes a new post on a little package received in the mail that contains some of the best beauty products available for women in sample sizes. I came to look forward to her posts about these exciting little packages so much that I realized I should probably jump on the Birchbox bandwagon. So I went over to their website, signed up, and was promptly put on a waiting list.

I hate to be wait-listed.

But I waited nonetheless. For two months, actually. And then today, I received the coveted email alerting me that my subscription was available and I had 48 hours to claim it!

I pulled out my credit card in an instant and dropped everything I was doing to sign up. For ten dollars a month, I get to experience the joy of getting a package in the mail full of beauty goodies that I know I will be just DYING to try.

If you are still a little confused as to why I'm so excited, read on. I copied this from their website:

"Birchbox is a smart, streamlined, and fun way to discover high-end beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products. We sort through the clutter to send you what works and what’s worth the upgrade. We created Birchbox because, like you, we enjoy using the best products but we don’t want to have to work too hard to find them."  

 You should read Kate's blog to get more information on this delightful little package of joy that I am very shortly going to be receiving. May's box is scheduled to arrive by the 10th! Be SURE to stay tuned for a post on all the little goodies that I am going to be receiving!

In other news, this week FLEW by and I am sort of shocked that tomorrow is already Friday. This is the last weekend until the weekend BEFORE our wedding that we don't have something "wedding related." Actually, I lied, I do have another shower on Sunday, but sometimes I only consider Friday's and Saturday's to be the true weekend. Here are some other things that have happened to make this week go by in an instant:
~Addressing, stamping, and mailing ALL of our wedding invitations
~Discovering Dog the Bounty Hunter on Netflix (I know what you're thinking and yes, I just admitted to watching that show)
~Wrapping up our final session of premarital counseling! 
~Steadily working my way through the third/final Hunger Games book
~Spending the better part of this evening working on a project that I got from Pinterest which turned into something that is completely different... but I totally love it (I'll post pics later)
~Becoming more and more preoccupied with how much I adore little Gracie :) 

^^In fact, allow me to spoil you all with a montage of Gracie pics from the last week (again, I am unashamed of the life I lead and happen to be fine overlooking the fact that I've turned into "the girl that posts baby pics" on Instagram)
Well hey there!
Anyone who feeds me is a friend in my book!


I even threw in an incredibly low quality iPhone video for your enjoyment so you can get an idea of what I listen to right around 3 p.m. when we do jumper time. Oh, and don't mind the sound of me chomping on Doritos in the background. 

That about does it for this post. Have a great weekend and stay tuned for my Birchbox post. I can hardly contain the excitement!!!

1 comment:

LBWV said...

Okay, I have lots of ground to cover. First, thanks for you sweet comment. Yes, it was Cal Mar that came up with the balloon release. Kara also voted for that in a text msg.

2, Gracie is freaking adorable! I wish you were here or I was there and then we could hang out with Gracie and Cupcake.

3. I Love, love, love the signed piggy bank from your shower! I'm totally stealing that idea! That would be so great for a baby shower too!

4. I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor, Roy. That seems awful and unfair. I'm so glad he is not suffering, but it is just hard.

5. I love that you signed your post Casey Wahl. LIKE REALLY LOVE IT! You really have to practice, since it is getting so close. Before we got married, I would sneak my wedding band from Kevin's desk drawer in his college apartment and then do things like sweep the floor so that I could see how it looked with my engagement ring "in real life situations." Still, really proving my maturity.

I don't know what number I'm on now and I'm too lazy to scroll up to look, but I'm totally checking out Birchbox! Wow. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Last... Love you!!!! xoxo See you in a few short weeks!