Friday, June 24, 2011

Wedding Season

With the season of summer comes the ringing of many wedding bells, especially when you are my age. It seems every other day I hear of a new engagement, creep on new wedding pictures added to Facebook, or get a shower/bachelorette party invite for someone new who is becoming a BRIDE and WIFE! I know that sometimes weddings can get to be repetitive and same-old, same-old for some, but not me. I love going to weddings! They are a blast and I think it is such a special thing to be able to celebrate for months leading up to the big day, while preparing and planning for an exciting life of being married in the months that follow :)

That being said, I had to share some pictures from a wedding shower I recently attended for my friend Kenzie. Kenzie is marrying Grant, both are good friends from Bethel who I met my freshman year. They are high school sweethearts and I enjoy hanging with both of them at any time, they are a lot of fun. My friend Kassie (and one of Kenzie's bridesmaids) and her mom recently hosted the most amazing shower for Kenzie with the theme being "Royal Wedding."
With all the buzz surrounding the RW that occurred in London back in April, it was a really creative idea for the shower. Can I just say how much I love Kate Middleton? If for nothing else than her INCREDIBLE fashion sense, and for showing extreme confidence in all types of situations.
I never though any one could rival Kate's style and elegance until Kenzie showed up to her shower. She looked gorgeous! We were all supposed to wear hats like the British did at Kate Middleton's wedding, but unfortunately I struggled to find anything that would work. Kenz looked just great. All the hats at the shower were amazing, and I have to give amazing props to Kassie and her mom for throwing such an amazing shower for one beautiful soon-to-be-bride. I'll let the photos (courtesy of Kassie) speak for themselves...
Lined up for Kenzie's "Royal" arrival
Grant (fiance of Kenzie) even dressed up to pick up Kenzie in this AMAZING Mercedes convertible! It was one of the coolest entrances.
Beautiful couple!!
Kenzie's priceless reaction to the shower... see next photo for an explanation
AMAZING!
All of us shower ladies (note the crazy hats...)
Kenzie and Kassie (Bride and amazing Host!) One thing to note about this photo are the ring accessories... each guest left with a party favor Kate Middleton engagement ring. They are so fun. Unfortunately, mine didn't fit right. But no worries, I gave mine to Dusty's sister, she loves it and has even worn it to work a few times since! I hear she gets quite the compliments!
Kassie is a photoshop genius.. She copied Grant and Kenzie's heads onto the engagement picture of William and Kate to use on the shower invites. Super creative!

It was so much fun spending the day with friends and celebrating Kenzie and Grant's upcoming marriage. I am thrilled for them.

In other news, I had fun the night before Kenzie's shower celebrating my other friend and former roommate TORI'S upcoming marriage. Recently I have received three more wedding invitations in the mail for other coming-soon nuptials. It's the MoST wOnDerFuL Ti-i-i-ME oF thE YeaR!!! :-)

No comments: