Monday, May 16, 2011

This is the first day of the rest of your life.

I woke up this morning promptly at 6:30 am and felt sorta weird. You know those days when you go against the norm of your routine? Do something OTHER than what you have been doing every day M-F for the last three months? It was odd. I looked in the mirror, and shrugged at my bed head, puffy eyes and pale skin. Brushed my teeth in no rush while slinking BACK into my room to halfheartedly dust on some bronzer and blush so that I didn't look completely lifeless. I threw on jeans and a t-shirt (a foreign concept for the last three months), tossed my hair into a bun on the very top of my head, grabbed some grapefruit-in-a-cup (departing gift from my cooperating teacher) and I walked out the door. End a story.

I am done with student teaching (insert giant overemphasized exhale HERE). I seriously can't believe it. The last three months that I had anticipated lasting for infinite actually flew by like it was nothing and I'm now kind of like.... oh? Huh! Just like that it's done. It's one of those feelings where you are kind of puzzled on what to feel... do I celebrate? Do I feel sad? Do I feel excited? I can't put my finger on what I really feel. There are some things to update. I was offered a nannying job for the summer... and then three days later, I got a call from an organization where I applied for a job (I seriously didn't think I'd even hear back) and I have an interview on Wednesday. Kind of a crazy last week of college! So yeah... the interview is in two days and I have no idea what to expect but I'm just praying that whatever happens will all be a part of the plan.

I wanted to give those who are constantly hitting refresh on my blog page (kidding) the update on life and what's going on. If you could say a prayer for my interview, please do. But even if it doesn't work out, I'm glad that I have something else lined up at least for the summer.

Dusty moved to Mahtomedi a couple of weeks ago! The problem is that this state is going thru weather-PMS and won't say goodbye to cold rain and chill. I'm so excited and hopeful for this week... 60s/70s and sunny ALL WEEK LONG and hopefully that will allow for time spent by the lake at Dusty's house. Of course... Saturday is graduation and after that.... is when life sort of just begins.

I was going through the day today and kept thinking about all the things I would normally be doing on a school day... which classes I'd be teaching, when I'd be eating lunch with all the other teachers. It was a weird feeling. It did feel good though, having a day to be at Bethel and enjoy the last few days of college. But this whole wrapping up feeling, moving out of my house, and embracing life after college... is different.

Not quite sure how I'm feeling about it yet.

No comments: