Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How about a little change of pace?

I decided to shy away from the regular flow of my blog posts to write about a little something different. I was doing some browsing today when I stumbled upon www.emmawatson.com

I have to make one confession, but not on my behalf. Dusty has a minor crush (okay, a pretty big crush) on Emma Watson of Harry Potter fame. To those of you who are HP fans, you know her better as Hermione Granger. I found her website listed above and did some looking around.

I just have to say how encouraging it is to me that this gifted young actress (she is 20 years old) still finds it essential to attend college, despite the fact that her net worth is around $35 million dollars. In a generation where young celebrities often fall short of losing themselves to pressures of drugs, alcohol, and other troubles, I think it's actually really cool that EW is committed to an education (At Brown of all places!) and other things. Read around on her website to learn more. I really like the layout of the page. She seems like kind of a class act.


While I hate to admit that my own boyfriend has a crush on another woman, I guess I can accept that it's Emma Watson. Nonetheless, I felt the need to make him choose through the following photograph...


I took this picture in London outside of a Burberry store where apparently, EW is a huge hit. Who would you choose if you were Dusty? Before you go answering, watch yourself because I was really tired that day and hadn't showered in awhile so I look pretty nast. But some say grunge is beauty.

In the spirit of Emma Watson and my new found respect for her, here are a list of other celebrities that I feel raise the bar on admiration:
~Justin Bieber (I have to admire this guy for staying away from the bad stuff even after two years of crazy stardom, and I recently heard that his new movie, Never Say Never, is actually really good. And he is a Christian!)
~Natalie Portman (Phenomenal actress in Black Swan... Harvard Grad)
~Hayden Panetierre (She stole our hearts as Sheryl in Remember the Titans, and won me over as a dolphin activist who protested against the killings in Taijii... If you have never seen the documentary The Cove, you HAVE to check it out)
~Chad Ochocinco (You are probably like... Um, what?? But yes, Chad raises the bar. I recently found out that the money he is fined for various antics on/off the football field are all donated to charity. I find that pretty admirable)
~Brad and Angelina (I don't really feel the need to explain myself on this one. They are global ambassadors and they have adopted three children internationally. I admire that)

A few months ago, I may have put Miley Cyrus on that list, but nowadays, I feel like she is headed down a rough path to rockiness.

And if you feel I am a bad judge of character when it comes to admirable celebrities, that's fine. This is my blog so I write what I want!

No comments: