Monday, August 6, 2012

Musical Recommendations

Dust and I are currently sitting in our living room watching the movie WILD AMERICA. If you are having trouble remembering this gem of the 90's, I'm talking about this movie:

We both just agreed that Dust wanted to BE Jonathan Taylor Thomas, and I wanted to DATE him. I can't even tell you how many times I made my dad drag me to the Video Update down the street just so I could rent this movie and purposely creep myself out by the woman near the bear cave who had scars on her cheek from a bear mauling!

Ring a bell, anyone??

Anyway, since I have seen this movie too many times to count and I also got the sudden urge tonight to crack open my laptop, I decided to burn a CD. One of the best apps I've downloaded on my phone is HANDS DOWN is the Shazam App. Nothing is more convenient than driving on my way to work and figuring out what song I'm listening to just by tapping a button on my phone. I happen to be a huge fan of The Current here in MN, so my songs of choice may not exactly please everybody, but I think this is one of the better mixes I've put together in a long time. If you are looking for good songs to listen to for a road trip, a day at the beach with iPod buds in your ears, or something to blast while you clean around the house, then maybe you might want to give these a shot. 

In no random order:
Give Up the Funk by Parliament
Lucky Man by The Verve (Perhaps you might recognize it from the movie "Marley and Me")
Stubborn Love by The Lumineers(I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS GROUP!)
Busy Bees by Silversun Pickups
Next to Me by Emeli Sande (She's opening for Coldplay in MN this weekend and I am begging Dust to find us tickets...)
We Bought a Zoo by Jonsi (This is what I walked down the aisle to!)
D.A.N.C.E by Justice 
Hey Ladies by The Beastie Boys
Jump Into the Fog by The Wombats (This might be my new favorite song, for real)
You're a Wolf by Seawolf
Look at Where We Are by Hot Chip
Some Nights by Fun (even though it seems to pop up in every commercial on TV these days)
Nightcall by Kavinsky (from the movie "Drive")
Houdini by Foster the People (Granted this was kind of my anthem last summer, but who says you can't repeat?)
Man on Fire by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (I would do anything to see them in concert)

Here are a couple preview videos of my favorites from the group: 

Emeli Sande
Justice
The Wombats
Hot Chip
Go listen to some music.
And for those of you that will get it and have read from the beginning, do so "with that good ol' Mountain Dew." 

No comments: